The first reduction was made immediately when the government of Uganda opened airport to allow people to travel again that was closed to reduce the spread covid-9 in the country. Uganda wildlife authority is the government agency that is mandated with conserving for future generation. It manages 10 national parks, 12 wildlife reserves, and 13 wildlife sanctuaries and 5 community wildlife management areas.
Due to covid9 that affected the all world, tourism was affected badly due to closer of airports to stop travelers that would lead to spread of covid9 and make it difficult to curb it down. As Uganda continues to manage the covid9 effects and welcome visitors’ to various destinations around the country. Uganda wildlife authority is pleased to inform the general public and encourage them on how to utilize the 50% promotion on park entrance fees, chimpanzee and gorilla trekking. Uganda wildlife authority is still to encourage people to utilize this promotion and visit all destinations in Uganda.
The following discounts have been offered with effect from 1st December 2020 and it will run up to 30th June 2021. 50% discount on the park entrance fee for Lake Mburo national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, kidepo valley national park, Murchison falls national park, semuliki national park, toro semuliki game reserve, katonga wildlife reserve, kabwoya wildlife reserve and pain upe wildlife reserve. 50% on birding fees
Reduction on chimpanzee and gorilla tracking fees for all categories of visitors are as follows;
- East African community citizen gorilla tracking permits reduced from 250,000 UGX to 150,000 UGX
- Foreign resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD 600 to USD 300
- Foreign Non resident reduced from gorilla tracking permit reduced from USD 700 to USD 400
CHIMPAZEE TRACKING PERMITS
- East African community citizen chimpanzee tracking permit reduced from 150,000 UGX to 100,000 UGX
- Foreign resident chimpanzee tracking permit reduced from USD 150 TO USD 100
- Foreign Non resident chimpanzee tracking permit reduced from USD 200 to USD 150
For those that have been limited with funds for their dream to meet the primates and gentle apes and see how they close to human person. We therefore kindly request to book your gorilla trekking permit with us at lets go gorilla Uganda your dreams will come true by grabbing the opportunity to make your dream to come true and have the ultimate experience by meeting the gentle apes and visiting other destinations in Uganda