Queen Elizabeth national park was formerly known as kazinga channel national park and it was named queen Elizabeth national park to commemorate the queen’s visit in Uganda and mostly queen Elizabeth national park and she settled on hill with in heart of the park and the hill since then was named queen’s pavilion. Queen Elizabeth covers 1,978 km2 total land area and it was established in 1952 located in the south west of Entebbe international airport and Kampala capital city which takes around 7 to 6 hour drive from Kampala to Entebbe and also located in the western arm rift valley in the districts of kasese, rubirizi, mitooma, kanungu, rukungiri, kamwenge and bunyangabo districts.
Queen Elizabeth national park has a good number of interesting attractions that makes it number one destination your visit to Uganda with over 600 species of birds, the kazinga channel river that connects two rift valley lakes that Edward and gorge, the crate lakes in the park, the mweya peninsular, lake katwe salt lake, the underground forests in the park, the viewing of the western arm rift valley, the kyambura fault scarps and the view of the block mountain Rwenzori also queen Elizabeth has over 95 species mammals with at least 5big mammals seen here and some reptiles are seen with the unique climbing lions Ishasha.
Your ultimate trip to Queen Elizabeth national park will take you the following areas for the life time memories.
- KAZINGA CHANNEL BOAT CRUISE: The boat cruise along kazinga channel will give you the safari memories where you will have a chance to see a good number of birds like peidkingfisher ,cattle egret’s ,comarrats ,yellow billed stork and many more with also viewing of wildlife like hippos in water , elephants and buffaloes that come to cool their bodies along the channel , viewing of mweya peninsular and the mweya safari lodges with also visiting the connecting points where the channel; connects to the lakes..
- GAME DRIVE TO KASENYI PLAINS AND ISHASHA SECTOR:The game drive to ishasha sector will take you see the unique climbing lions that a found in this sector of queen Elizabeth national and the kasenyi plains you will have chance to see large herds of buffaloes and elephants and its mostly known as the mating grounds for Uganda kobs and sometimes have chances of encountering with lions and leopard with in this area. The game drive will give the authentic experience of driving in the wild with wildlife and having the crate drive after them game drive by viewing the underground forests in queen Elizabeth national park.
- MWEYA PENINSULAR: visiting mweya peninsular will give you the life time memory because the place is found with one entry and exit point and surrounded by Lake Edward and kazinga channel on other sides and it will also give you the view of lakes and Queen Elizabeth national park.
- KATWE SALT LAKE AND MUNYANYANGE BIRDING LAKE FOR LESSER FLAMINGOS. The tour to queen will take you to visit katwe salt lake in katwe kabatoro town council with in the heart of Queen Elizabeth national park and learn how ladies do mining of salt using traditional methods and also know why salt is mined by ladies. The after you will cross to munyanyange birding lake for lesser flamingos seen between April and October and only seen on this lake in Uganda. We therefore encourage you to book your trip to Queen Elizabeth national park for the authentic experience. We have well organized packages that will enable your dreams come true.
- KYAMUBURA GORGE: you will have a chance to visit the underground gorge in Queen Elizabeth national park and also see chimpanzee. The underground gorge in the areas will give you the ultimate experience.
- RIFTVALLEY VIEW: your visit to queen Elizabeth national park will give you a chance to have the authentic view of western arm rift valley and standing at kyambura hill you will give you the clear view of the park