The mountain gorilla is one of the two sub species of the eastern gorilla. It is listed as endangered by the IUCN as of 2018. Mountains gorillas are found in bwindi are UNESCO natural world’s heritage site and one of the richest biological and botanical regions in the worlds. The forest covers an average area of 331 km2 at the south western edge of the rift valley. Bwindi most revered species are the apprommoximately 400 mountain gorillas half of the total word’s population. The scientific name gorilla Geringei beringie and its life span is 40 years
Mountain gorillas have longer hair and shorter arms than grater gorillas and both tend to be a bit larger than other species. They live in families, groups with dominant silver back male, several families and their offspring’s although sometimes. Other usually related, silverback also tolerated.
Silver back makes will defending their families through charging and chest beating. They mostly move on four limbs but are also capable of running with two legs
WHERE TO SEE GORILLAS IN UGANDA AND BEST TIME
In Uganda you can see gorillas in two different national park that is bwindi impenetrable national park and maghinga forest national park in districts of kabale, kanugu and kisoro in south western. The districts boarders with DRC Congo in the west. Gorillas can be trekked in different sectors of buhoma, ruhinja, rushanga, Nkuringo and mughinga.
Gorillas live in families in bwindi forest national park and mughinga national but in different sectors and numbers in each family. We have over 20 gorilla family habbuated in bwindi that are ready for gorilla trekking.
- Mucunguzi family :with 8members located in rushanga sector and the family is mostly female
- Bakyingi gorilla family: this family has 21 members
- Rwigi family. These is the newly allocated family after its habituation with 6 members
- Kahungye family: gorilla group has 17 members with 3 silverback
- Busingye family :it has 9 members located in rushanga sector
- Bweza family: this group was formed after the breakaway of shongi and it has 6 members
- Mubare gorilla family: the habituated gorilla family in bwind buhoma sector i9n 1992
- Habinyanja family: it is locat5ed in buhoma with 18 members including two silverback and it was habituated in 1997
- Rushengura gorilla family: rushengura gorilla family is located in buhoma sector with 19 members and one silverback and it was allocated in 2002
- Katwe gorilla family: it is located in buhoma with with 2 blackbucks and one silverback
- Nkuringo gorilla family it is located in nkuringo part with 19 members
- Bushasho gorilla family: it has 8 members with one silverback and located in nkuringo
- Christmas gorilla family: the group has 9 members and it is the newly allocated group in nkuringo
- Bitukura gorilla family: it has `14 members with 4 silver backs
- Oruzongo gorilla family: it is located in ruhinja with 23 members and 1 silverback
- Kyagiuriro family : it has 20 members and its located in ruhinja and it was introduced in 1995
- Kyaguriro gorilla family: its located in ruhija with 20 members
- Mukiza gorilla family: the family has 10 members and it’s located in ruhinja.
Their other remaining gorilla families and over 20 families are ready for trekking. Just use lets go gorilla tours and travel to book your gorilla permit and be ready for trekking in all sectors of bwindi and mughinga we shall book you permit in all seasons both high lower seasons
A gorilla permit is USD700 for non residents and USD 600 for foreign resident and 250,000/= for east African residents citizens but because covid19 pandemic gorilla permits have been reduced by 50% for all categories, so let’s use this chance for our luxury gorilla tour in Uganda with let’s go gorilla tours and travel to book for you permit with the best tour guides, safari vehicles and luxury accommodation in bwindi and mughinga for your best and life time moments
We design different itineres that will fouvour you go for gorilla trekking in bwindi and visiting all other destinations in Uganda
BEST TIME TO SEE GORILLAS IN BWINDI AND MUGHINGA
Bwindi and mughinga are forest national parks located in the tropical rain forest and they receive a lot of rainfall yearly compared to other areas in Uganda
For the best gorilla safari should be in June to august and then December to February when the rain is little or no rain and other month their chances of high rain fall and the forest may be slippery because of mountains and hills in the forest
Let’s go gorilla tours and travel Uganda we take our client sastification as the first option, boo with us for your best gorilla trip to bwindi
Our best gorillas are; 3days trip, 4days trip, 5 days And 6days gorilla trekking we shall work with you so feel okay to contact us through our websites and all social media handles and office line and we will make sure that your trip is well booked and planned